Tuesday, September 9, 2008

#19 discovering Web 2.0 tools


I had a browse through the Web 2.0 award winners for 2008 and found many of the applications we have covered in this Library 2.0 course. Library Thing was there, PBwiki, technorati, bloglines.......the list goes on.

I had a look at the winner in the travel category a site called farecast.....I could not see the benefits over most airline booking sites but I am sure they are there.

In the visual arts award an application called colorblender was interesting and would certainly be of help.

But my favourite was in the music area ....an application called lastfm....a music organising application along the lines of library thing but in this case for music. You can develop a profile and suggestions about music you might like is developed along with a history of your musical tastes.

I am sure all the winning applications are amazing ....one thing that did surprise me was googlemaps winning over googleearth.........

1 Comments:

At September 9, 2008 at 7:08 PM , Blogger Paul said...

Hello Lady Writer,

I take it that Dire Straits are one of your favourites on lastfm......

cheers, Paul.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home