Monday, August 25, 2008

#9 Finding feeds


I had a look around the feed searching applications. Feedster is unavailable with a "watch this space" for developments on their site. Google blog search seemed to search for blogs which I am not really interested in at this stage....I was looking more for feeds to news sources and update services for organisations I like to follow.


I subscribed to ERL's what's new feed.


I found feeds to my children's flickr sites.


I found an number of library related sites with feeds. In all I now have 13 feeds.


I think the way I like best of finding feeds is to find the RSS icon on a site I like and simply click on it to add it to my bloglines account.


The addtional activity of looking and subscribing to Ebscohost's ANZ resource centre was fascinting ...this is a very impressive database with some wonderful features. I subscribed to a feed from The Age newspaper but i am wondering what this will entail. Will i discover the whole Age in my bloglines in box? or selected articles? I will look into subscribing to some other serial titles in the future.


I am wondering why some websites do not have feed subscribtions....i was hoping to subscribe to the Melbourne Writer's Festival website but they do not have a feed application. You need to subscribe to an email posting list. I am wondering if email posting lists are just an old fashioned way of keeping your audience informed? I believe you can cut and paste URL's to see if you can add them to bloglines but in this case it did not work.


I still have to discover how to organise my feeds into something managable.....i take it you can use folders and create order in this manner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home