Saturday, September 13, 2008

#21 Podcasts


Podcasts.....this discovery made me think of getting an MP3 player and subscribing to the wealth of podcasts out there. I had a look at the podcast organising sites such at Podcastalley and i am not not so sure they are for me. I prefer a much more personal approach of looking at sites and seeing if they have podcasts availalbe as RSS feeds. I subscribed to some ABC radio podcasts and to Maryanne's library podcasts of author talks and the ERL library radio show. The subscribe function did not include bloglines so i had to copy and paste the URL to subscribe. Once again I need more hours in the day to listen to all of this....one podcast i liked was walking tours of Melbourne.....you could download these and use a MP3 player to do the walks......there is just so much out there.
I did not have much luck in creating my own podcast as i could not download the needed program this lead me to wonder how the library records and posts the author talks....i will have to ask someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home